Start a new topic

How do I calculate Avg Daily Amt for Tier II Reporting?

Here is a definition from the EPA.

AVERAGE DAILY AMOUNT 1) For each pure chemical or mixture that you are reporting, estimate the average weight in pounds that was present at your facility during the year. 2) To do this, total all daily weights and divide by the number of days the chemical was present on the site. 3) Find the appropriate range value in Table I. 4) Enter this range value as the Average Daily Amount.

EXAMPLE: The 25,000-gallon shipment of solvent you received last year was gradually used up and completely gone in 315 days. The sum of the daily volume levels in the tank is 4,536,000 gallons. By dividing 4,536,000 gallons by 315 days on-site, you calculate an average daily amount of 14,400 gallons. You already know that the solvent contains 10% benzene, which is a hazardous chemical. Since 10% of 14,400 is 1,440, you figure that you had an average of 1,440 gallons of benzene. You also know that the density of benzene is 7.29 pounds per gallon, so you multiply 1,440 by 7.29 to get a weight of 10,500 pounds.  You can also use the Gals to Lbs Converter on the Chemical Page. Then you look at Table I and find that the range value 06 corresponds to 10,500. You enter 06 as the Average Daily Amount.

Login to post a comment